Consumer Class Action Litigation
A class action is a legal device that allows one person to sue on behalf
of all persons who have experienced the same or similar misconduct at
the hands of the same defendant. Class actions promote two principal goals:
they provide a mechanism for prosecuting the claims of many persons whose
injuries added together is significant, but which, individually, would
not be large enough to justify the expense of bringing of individual lawsuits.
It also prevents the clogging of the court system by allowing the similar
claims of thousands, or even millions, of individuals to be adjudicated
in a single case. Because there is strength in numbers, a class action
lawsuit is a powerful tool that individuals can use to enforce the law
against large corporate firms and government entities.
Whenever many individuals suffer damages from a common wrong, our consumer
class action team is ready to step in to obtain just compensation for
victims. We are always investigating cases where consumers have been the
victims of fraudulent or deceptive conduct or where consumers have purchased
defective or unsafe products. We are always interested to hear about such
situations. If you believe that you have been the victim of consumer fraud,
please contact us.
Recent Class Action Client Successes
- Record $75.5 Million for Consumers Who Received Unwanted Robocalls from
- Nearly $40 Million in Cash for Recipients of HSBC Robocalls
- Bank of America Pays $32 Million into Fund for Consumers
- $24.15 Million for Sallie Mae Robocall Recipients
- $20.35 Million Cash Settlement with ING Direct on Behalf of Consumers
- $7 Million Common Fund Settlement with PNC Bank on Behalf of Bank Employees
- Bank of the West Will Pay $3.35 Million to Fund Robocalls Settlement
- Clothes Dryer Vent Installations Fixed at No Charge to Consumers
Meyer Wilson helps consumers who have received unsolicited calls and/or text messages
by fighting for their rights under the TCPA. If you have received automated
calls or text messages to your phone,
contact us today for more information.