Steven loves being a lawyer. He considers it a privilege to fight for the rights of individuals that have been harmed by the negligence and maleficence of large corporations. Steven also loves to win.
Steven helps lead the charge for complex mass tort and class action matters throughout the country. In addition to representing large classes of individuals, Steven handles single event personal injury cases, including medical negligence and product liability claims. Steven has first chair trial experience, winning multiple jury verdicts for his clients.
Steven devotes a significant portion of his practice to investigating and litigating cases involving injuries attributable to failed hernia mesh. Steven is on the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee, and Chair of Law and Briefing Committee for IN RE: Davol, Inc./C.R. Bard, Inc., Polypropylene Hernia Mesh Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2846.
Additionally, Steven is litigating cases involving the contamination of the blood pressure medication Valsartan. He serves Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee, and Chair of Law and Briefing Committee for IN RE: Valsartan, MDL 2875.
Steven has extensive experience with law and briefing in complex multi-district litigation (“MDL”) matters. Steven is highly sought after by MDL leadership committees across the country for his legal research and writing skills. He has drafted all types of legal papers from research memorandum, Daubert briefs concerning complicated scientific evidence, dispositive motions, and motions in limine for Bellwether trials. Steven has performed work on the following MDLs: Xarelto Products Liability Litigation, MDL–2592; Benicar Products Liability Litigation, MDL 15-2606; Bair Hugger Products Liability Litigation, MDL 15-2666; Invokana Products Liability Litigation, MDL 16-2750; and National Prescription Opiate Litigation, MDL 2804.
In addition to mass torts, Steven serves as lead or co-lead counsel for several class actions. Representative cases include:Myers v. Memorial Health System, et al., S.D. Ohio Case No. 2:15-cv-2956; Fairfax v. Hogan Transports, Inc., S.D. Ohio Case No. 2:16-cv-680; Smith v. TruGreen, Inc., et al., S.D. Ohio Case No. 2:17-cv-00462; Klabbatz, et al. v. MDW Consulting, Inc. et al., S.D. Ohio Case No. 2:18-cv-242; De Angelis v. Icon entertainment Group, Inc., S.D. Ohio Case No. 2:17-cv-927; De Angelis v. Nolan Enterprises, Inc., S.D. Ohio Case No. 2:17-cv-926; De Angelis v. C G Consulting, LLC, et al., S.D. Ohio Case No. 2:17-cv-985;De Angelis v. National Entertainment Group, et al., S.D. Ohio Case No. 2:17-cv-924; Smith v. GIS, S.D. Ohio Case No. 2:18-cv-230; Doe 1, et al. v. VM3015, Inc. et al., S.D. Ohio Case No. 2:18-cv-443.
Before working in private practice, Steven served as a law clerk to Judge Alan E. Norris at the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Steven also clerked for United States District Court Judge Peter C. Economus.
In his spare time, Steven enjoys going to movies with his daughter and his fiancé.
University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D. 2014
The Ohio State University, B.A. 2010
- United States Circuit Judge Alan E. Norris of the United Stated Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Judge Peter C. Economus of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
Admitted to Practice
- State of Ohio
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United Sates District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- United Sates District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- ABA - American Bar Association
- FBA - Federal Bar Association
- AAJ - American Association for Justice
- OAJ - Ohio Association for Justice
- OSBA - Ohio State Bar Association
Presentations / Publications
- Spring 2019 - Harris Martin Valsartan - Discovery / Legal Issues / Medical Monitoring Class Actions
- Spring 2019 - MTMP, Speaker, Human Trafficking - Defendants and Claims
- Winter 2019 - America’s Lawyer, Interview, Federal workers she Trump Administration for Government Shut Down
- Winter 2018 - OAJ, Interview, Podcast Mass Torts
- Fall 2018 - Ring of Fire, Interview, antitrust lawsuit against strips clubs for conspiracy to suppress wages of exotic dancers
- Summer 2018 - MTMP Hernia Mesh, Speaker, Learned Intermediary and Deposition Pitfalls
- Spring 2018 - ABC 6, Interview, Columbus Vice Arrests Stormy Daniels
- Spring 2018 - Bard Webinar - Speaker, Jurisdiction
- Spring 2018 - MTMP, Speaker, Bard MDL Jurisdiction
- Spring 2016 - Federal Lawyer, Judicial Profile, Judge Peter C. Economus
Community / Committees
- Halt Violence – Chairman, Board of Directors (former)
- Restored Citizens Committee – Committee Member
- Squats for Spots
- Legal Eagles
- Vineyard Tuttle Crossing
2016 San Diego Citizen of Courage Award, Recipient, given for extraordinary acts of courage in support of justice
Super Lawyers, Rising Star