Michael J. Boyle joined Meyer Wilson in 2013. He handles class action lawsuits on behalf of consumers and investors. He was awarded the distinction of Ohio Super Lawyer in 2021.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Boyle clerked for the Honorable R. Guy Cole, Jr., a judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit during the 2011-2012 term. Mr. Boyle began his career with the international law firm Covington & Burling, LLP, in San Francisco. He also worked for the San Francisco firm Carroll Burdick & McDonaugh, LLP (now Squire Patton Boggs, LLP) and the Columbus firm Carpenter Lipps & Leland, LLP. With these firms, Mr. Boyle handled a wide spectrum of legal cases, from nine-figure bankruptcies and insurance coverage actions to individual real estate disputes.
Mr. Boyle has also maintained a significant pro bono practice. He currently serves as a CJA panel attorney for the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, he volunteered with a free legal clinic run by Loyola University New Orleans, in which he provided a range of services to displaced residents of Louisiana. Mr. Boyle also served with the San Francisco Bar Association’s Legal Assistance project, providing free legal assistance to low-income residents of the Bay Area.
Mr. Boyle attended the University of Pennsylvania School of Law, where he graduated with honors in 2008. He also served as a Senior Editor of the University of Pennsylvania Law Review, and was a finalist in the Keedy Cup Moot Court competition. Prior to law school, Mr. Boyle graduated with honors from Dominican University in River Forest, Illinois, with a focus on political theory.
Mr. Boyle is a member of the California and Ohio bars, as well as the Sixth, Seventh, Ninth, and Eleventh Circuit Courts of Appeals, and the Northern, Central, Southern, and Eastern Districts of California, the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio, the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois, and the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin.
Areas of Practice
- Class Actions (for consumers and investors)
- Deceptive Advertising
- Securities Fraud
- TCPA ("robocall") Breaches
- Breach of Medical Privacy
- Clerk for Honorable R. Guy Cole, Jr., Chief Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit (2011-12).
- Covington & Burling, LLP, San Francisco, CA (2008-2010)
- Carroll Burdick & McDonaugh, LLP, San Francisco, CA (2010-11)
- Carpenter Lipps & Leland, LLP, Columbus, OH (2012-13)
- University of Pennsylvania School of Law – 2008
- Finalist in the Keedy Cup Moot Court competition
- Senior Editor of the University of Pennsylvania Law Review
- Dominican University – B.A. in Political Theory 2002
Pro Bono Work
- Post-Hurricane Katrina, Mr. Boyle volunteered his legal services at a clinic run by Loyola University in New Orleans.
- San Francisco Bar – Legal Assistance Project for free legal services for low-income Bay Area residents.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit CJA Panel
Licensing & Membership
- California and Ohio Bar
- United States Court of Appeals (6 th,\, 7th 9 th and 11th Circuits)
- U.S. District Court (Northern, Central, Southern, and Eastern Districts of California)
- U.S. District Court (Northern and Central Districts of Illinois)
- U.S. District Court (Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin)
- U.S. District Court (Northern and Southern District of Ohio)